TopBox is a Canadian Beauty Box. It’s an affordable option if you’re looking to explore new brands and try some new products.
In case you didn’t know the way it works is a few weeks prior to shipping every subscriber receives an email asking them to create their Wish List, you get a list of a few different options and if you like any of them you can add one of TopBox’s prive boxes to your ‘wishlist’ you can wish for as many boxes as you like or opt for a regular Topbox. Of course there’s no guarantee you’ll get your wish you may still end up with a regular topbox.
Subscription Box: TopBox
Cost: $12 Free Shipping (Canada Only)+Tax total comes to $13.56 / month
What you get: 4 samples of beauty and skincare products
TopBox comes in a cardboard tube each month, but you also have the option to opt out of the box and get yours in an organza bag instead. Every TopBox also comes with a product information card describing the items you received in your box. This month I opted for the Aveda Prive box and I got it. I’ve heard good things about this brand and have always wanted to try it out.
In this Prive box there were 7 sample items 4 hair and 3 skin care.
Aveda Hand Relief – Night Renewal Serum
Nature renews your hands nightly.
- visibly reduces dark spots
- moisturizes and plumps to smooth fine lines
- andiroba oil protects skin’s natural moisture barrier
- refreshing aroma with certified organic orange, lavandin and eucalyptus
This was a very small sample, I used it for a couple of nights, it moisturizes nicely but I didn’t notice any change in my hands. The smell is very nice on this moisturizer
Aveda Stress-Fix body lotion – stress relieving aroma
Hydrating body lotion with aroma proven to reduce feelings of stress. Aroma includes essences of lavender, lavandin and clary sage from organic farms and is formulated using the science of aromaology™ and the power of pure essential oils.
This lotion smells nice and natural. I’m not sure that it relieved my stress though, but it does moisturize well.
Aveda Stress-Fix Creme Cleansing Oil
Wash away your stress with this gentle cleanser enriched with nourishing certified organic sunflower and babassu oils.
- aroma proven to reduce feelings of stress with certified organic lavender, lavandin and clary sage from the French Alps
- gently cleanses and softens skin
- nourishes stressed skin with certified organic sunflower and babassu oils
- 99% naturally derived*I used this a few times and I thought it was a really nice face cleanser it removed my makeup easily and didn’t irritate my skin. the smell is nice as well.
Aveda Invati Exfoliating Shampoo and Thickening Conditioner
Invati Exfoliating Shampoo
- Removes build-up that can clog pores and renews the scalp with wintergreen-derived salicylic acid.
- Contains densiplex™ – an invigorating blend of Ayurvedic herbs, including certified organic turmeric and ginseng.
Invati Thickening Conditioner
- Soy protein and naturally derived amino acids mimic hair’s building blocks to help weightlessly thicken hair from within.
- Contains densiplexTM– an invigorating blend of Ayurvedic herbs, including certified organic turmeric and ginseng.
I’m using my Fibrology Shampoo and Conditioner that I received from Influenster to test still but I really would like to try this after to see how it compares.
Aveda Invati Scalp Revitalizer
Contains densiplexTM– an invigorating blend of Ayurvedic herbs, including certifed organic turmeric and ginseng that helps keep the hair you have longer.
This is the 3rd product in the Invati system so I’ll use it together with the shampoo and conditioner. The reviews for the system online are really great I’m excited to see how it works!
Aveda Thickening Tonic
- Proven to thicken hair instantly with just one use
- Expands strands from roots to ends
- Powered by botanicals—including certified organic amla fruitThis is a thickening serum to add to thinning hair. It’s made with amla fruit which is Indian gooseberries. I’ve tried amla oil years ago to help with thinning hair so I’m interested to see how this serum works.
Disclosure: This post may contain referral or affiliate links. No payment was received for this review and all opinions are my own