Foodiepages is a great website that has so many unique products made by Canadian small-scale local and regional producers. If you are a foodie or have a foodie in your life you definitely need to check them out. There are some DIY Cheese kits on their site that I’m fancying right now. I really can’t decide which one to try first! Cream Cheese, Feta or Mozzarella. Decisions Decisions.
My Tasting Box shipped out on Feb. 9th 2015, and was in my hands on Feb 11th.
Flavoured Maple Syrup – Really Horrible Enterprises
The tasting guide has this listed as flavoured maple syrup with Vanilla plus either rum or brandy I’m not sure which one was used in this sample. This was so beyond delicious! I made pancakes one Sunday just to try this out and we all loved it. I definitely need more of this in my life. This was my favourite Item in the box.
Red Lemon Kombucha – Pyramid Ferments
I’ve never tried Kombucha before I googled what it as supposed to taste like before trying it out. I like to be prepared ! Google told me that it was like vinegar soda so I was scared to drink this but I tried it and it wasn’t horrible. If you like Kombucha I’d imagine that this one would be pretty tasty. It’s just a taste that I haven’t quite aquired yet. If you love kombucha and are so inclined foodiepages also has a Kombucha Tea Starter Kit to make your own Kombucha at home from the same Pyramid Farms & Ferments Company.
Cranberry Maple Butter – Lowertown Canning
One of the suggested serving ideas for this cranberry maple butter was on yogurt in the morning and that’s how I had it. Just plain greek yogurt and a couple of spoons of this on top. My toddler pretty much ate it all! It was yummy, the cranberries are tart but gets balanced out with the maple syrup and honey that’s added and there’s a hint of cinnamon in there too. To quote my 19 month old ‘More Please!’
Hibiscus Black Tea – Nature’s Palate
The ingredient list on this is short and sweet Black Tea, Hibiscus and Rose Petals. It has no Sugar, and no calories either. It tasted like flowers and considering the ingredients that’s a good thing! I usually get a bitter aftertaste when I drink Ice Tea but this one was nice and clean. Any Tea drinkers out there ? I’d definitely suggest to give this one a try.
Indian Spice Seasoning Red Chillies – Bombay Shake
This spice mix from Bombay Shake suggests to sprinkle this on pizza and I can imagine that would be tasty. I seasoned some potatoes with this and then roasted them in the oven. I love roasted potatoes on any given day but these spices just kicked them up a notch.
This was my second Tasting box and I really enjoyed 4 out of 5 items. I can say I would definitely repurchase 3 of the items I tried. It’s very likely that I wouldn’t have even heard of most of these if I hadn’t given The Tasting box a try. The March Tasting box goes on Sale March 3rd at Noon EST. Foodiepages always post what’s in the box a few days before sale date and March contents are up now. See Below for a list of what’s in the March Box! Looks like a good one.
Here’s what you’ll find in the March Tasting Box:
* Green Olive and Twist (2 oz.) from Three Sisters’ Kitchen (Toronto ON). Tantalize your palate with this unique combo of green pitted olives, caramelized lemon peels, garlic and olive oil.
* Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Clove Infused Maple Syrup (50ml) from PURE (Aylesford NS). A truly delicious combination of flavours. Try it in your baking, hot cider and tea, and sweet & savoury North African and Middle Eastern dishes.
* Organic Hazelnut Oil (60ml) from Saltspring Sunrise (Saltspring Island BC). This super fragrant oil is expeller cold pressed without further refinement. Use as a salad dressing or a finishing oil on rice, quinoa, pasta, roasted vegetables, fish, and chicken.
* Ginger Molasses Cookie Mix (550g) from Brule Creek Farms (Kakabeka Falls ON). Enjoy the convenience of a mix while using an additive free, stone-milled flour. Moist and chewy, these cookies are sure to become a family favourite.
* GG Bites (150g) from Grain-Free JK Gourmet (Toronto ON). These tasty, crunchy morsels of seeds, nuts, honey and organic coconut nectar make for a perfect snack. Free from gluten, grain, and dairy. Paleo friendly and non-GMO.
Have you tried the Foodiepages Tasting Box? How did you like it?
Disclosure: This post may contain referral or affiliate links. No payment was received for this review and all opinions are my own.